Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Just Add Water Kit Reveal Day and other exciting news!

Good morning!  Hope your day is getting off to a great start! Ours is starting off a little lazy...we went to our first Atlanta Braves game last night.  It was fun, and for one night we embraced all things Braves. ;) But there is no doubt that our love for the Texas Rangers will forever run true...we might have spent as much time watching the scoreboard for their scores against the Angels as we did watching the game we were at. ;) In all seriousness though, we had a really great time, and it was fun to get out together and watch our favorite sport. But you didn't hop over here to read about that, did you? lol.....


Today is the big reveal day for this month's Front Porch Kit by The Little Blue House! This month's kit has a fun, beachy, summery theme....perfect for your vacation photos!

It even worked well for this picture of my boys and their cousins....these were taken last month and I was itchin to scrap this one (and the rest are waiting for me)....love the blues and greens in the kit!

This project was tough to photograph because it's so long, but I turned the Play minibook into a wall hanging, using pics of my boys playing at the beach. :)

Here's one a little closer. One of my favorite things from the kit is the word sticker sheet....just about any summer splashin' word you can imagine is on there, which goes very well with my scrappy style.


 And last, a layout of the hubs and me...these papers were PERFECT for this photo.  That trip, even though it was so fun for our entire family, was especially romantic and special for the two of us,and I'm so thankful for these photos to remember it by.  Already counting the days until we go again next summer....that number is way too large right now. ;(


Now once again (for the last time) here is the link you can go to order your kit: www.thelittlebluehouseonline.com  It is here you can see all of the the products included in the kit, and also where you can view the online inspiration gallery and see all of the different projects the entire design team has created just for you! Orders yours today...you know, if you haven't listened to me yet and done it already....lol


And now, in related news....it's with mixed emotions that I share with you that I have resigned my position on the Front Porch Kit design team.  As a lot of you know, Tracy and I go way back...working together at Recollections, then with Create Joy Workshops, then the brief stint at Anthologies, and even though I moved before The Little Blue House opened, I was able to stay involved long-distance for awhile.  The thought of not working with her directly saddens me greatly, which made this decision difficult.  I credit Tracy with getting me where I am today...she has taught me, encouraged me, believed in me, and fought for me when others didn't think I could do it. And I know without a doubt that if we still lived in Texas I would still be working right alongside her. She is a dear friend and the big sister I never had but always wanted. :) 

But due to life changes it's time for me to make a change.  Brian's ministry schedule is demanding and I want to be more available to work alongside him (we are starting a new Sunday School class this weekend), I'm now serving on our school's PTA board, taking on a new mentor role with our Moms group at church, and now with all 3 of my boys in school all day I am taking my little side painting/decorating business to a new level.  More on that later....I'm really excited to be at a stage in life where I can devote more time to this dream and make it a reality.  Be on the lookout for new information to come.  I will be painting and decorating homes in the metro Atlanta area, but will also be starting an Etsy shop to sell all kinds of home decor and gift items.  In the planning/thinking/marketing stage now....more info later.

And then I still need time to just be mom and wife and friend and sister and daughter....so it was time to let FPKs go. :(  Thankful for the time spent working with these lovely ladies, and I know the kits will continue to be the huge success they are.  Much love to you all, and please keep checking in....I'm going to continue to need your encouragement and input as I begin this new adventure.  Love to all of you!

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you Jac! You are so creative and God is going to continue to do big thing through you and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jaclyn, we'll miss your beautiful work with FPK, but how exciting to have so many new endeavors. Best wishes for your new ventures and I will certainly be a cheerleader for all things Jaclyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you in your new adventures. We will miss you and your great style! Sounds like you are a busy gal.

    ReplyDelete