Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Parties and Painting

January is a busy month for our family, with 3 birthdays and an anniversary to celebrate, all within an 11 day period.  So you can imagine my relief when February gets here. ;)  Don't get me wrong~ I love celebrating and planning parties.  Birthdays are fun, and I love to make a really big deal out of them.
But when it's all over I'm equally as excited to not have another party to plan until June. ;)

Still can't believe this guy is FIVE.
And because FIVE is such a big birthday, we partied BIG.
Here's a recap:
Hunter wanted a Lego Star Wars party at home, so we celebrated with pool noodle Light Saber fights in the family room (whoa), a Lego ship building contest, cupcakes, cake, and Yoda Soda. ;)
It was fun! Special thanks to my incredibly talented friend Amanda for making the cupcake toppers, and the Star Wars cookies...they were a huge hit!!



 Last week I was determined to relax the Monday after the party was over.
That lasted about 2 hours. ;) Sometimes I wish I was better at relaxing, but maybe it's good that I'm not. 
I had been thinking about painting a wall in our house, but I needed some time to work up the courage.
Thankfully we had plenty of paint leftover from when this hallway was painted, and I used Mod Podge to adhere the leaves to the wall, so if it was a disaster at least it wouldn't be a permanent one. ;)
 I was wanting to paint something that was whimsical and kid-friendly, but also something that would grow with the boys.  I love trees, and wanted to incorporate some of the colors I use throughout our home.  The Bible verse is from Jeremiah 33:3....one of my favorites, and one that I'm wanting the boys to grow up knowing as well.

 I had so much fun with this project!  I really love to paint, and it was so fun having a giant canvas to work with.  Thankful for a patient husband who doesn't panic when I mention painting a mural on a wall (or he hides it really well). ;)


2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable & whimsical! Perfect for a home with children. I just discovered you talents over in Pinterest with the canvas piece you did for your dining room. I'm gonna have to try that. Thanks for sharing your many talents. I'm a new follower.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words! I have to say that wall art is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete