Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like.....

...Christmas. :)
Not really. In fact, I get annoyed when I go into stores and see Christmas stuff everywhere when it's only October. I prefer to soak up as much Fall as humanly possible.
I will admit, however, that I was thankful to find so many great Christmas papers and embellishments out ready to be bought when I was getting ready to make these cards.
Photobucket

My sweet hubs leaked my papercrafting secret to some of the ladies at church. :) Just kidding....I am totally fine with them knowing what I do. As I've said before, I've missed it. A lot. And I was thrilled when the women's minister at our church asked me to lead our women's group in making some Christmas cards next month. It will go along with the Operation Christmas Child (www.samaritanspurse.org) shoebox stuffing event we are doing that day. It's something I am passionate about, something our family participates in each year. If you've never heard about it, please visit their website. And getting the opportunity to make Christmas cards with these ladies is just icing on the cake. :) So anyway....cards. Christmas cards. Had to have these samples ready to show tomorrow. Happy to report I got them finished up during Hunter's nap time. No last minute stressing necessary.

Photobucket

I think Frosty here might be my favorite. Something about those eyes..... ;)

Photobucket

One that is a little more formal....don't usually do a lot of stamping or embossing....out of my comfort zone. I've done a lot of "out of my comfort zone" here lately....makes embossing seem like no big deal. :)

Photobucket

I did one similar to this one when I worked at Recollections. Love those little triangle trees. :)

Photobucket
And how fun it was getting to use some Stickles again. The papers I used for all the cards were a mix of some Basic Grey, Fancy Pants (shocking, I know;)), and My Mind's Eye. All their new holiday lines. Gotta check 'em out.

Now, go pick a pumpkin or make some cider or something. Enjoy the Fall. Christmas will be here soon enough. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the cards Jaclyn - and sure miss you too! Hope a visit to The Little Blue House is in your plans sometime soon - would love to see you.

    ReplyDelete